YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

#11 Onna ja nai?

"You are not a girl," he said. 

Assalamualaikum minna. O-genki desu ka.

This is a conversation I had with a friend of mine. What bothers me is that his stand was not strong enough to make the judgement. Enjoy.

Based on the statement made, I asked him to further clarify.

"Okay here goes,
1st - you don't dress like a girl
2nd - you don't speak like a girl
3rd - you don't have any obsession
4th - you don't even do girl stuff 

"Really? Really? You wanna have this conversation with me?" I spoke gently. 

He laughed and took a bite of the last slice of pizza.

I mean come on. The four points given are too vague to even be used in an argument. Yeah maybe I don't wear dresses and paint my face with colours but that doesn't make me a man.  

I don't speak like a girl? What is that supposed to mean? Do I have to giggle in between words and look like a complete retard? I don't think so.

About the obsession part. He specifically said that most of the girls are obsessed with something. Maybe Korean guys or even teddy bears. I dunno. That is what he imagines a girl should be like. Wall should be filled with One Direction's posters? Or JB's? :OO  Goshhhhh. Terrifying. 

"You mean like THIS?!!"
So every girl should just stay at home cooking, sewing, knitting the scarves for the love ones and is banned from entering sports? Dude, this is the 21st century. Deal with it. We are free to do whatever we like (as long as we do it the right way, according to the syariat). I say go for it. 

This way of thinking is why there are feminist movement. Some guys think that women are below them and that they should be oppressed. For real?! Try to be more sensible.

These are just some of the highlights from our colloquy.

But we're cool. I just smacked his head with a plate. Just kidding.

p/s: I'm not a girl. I'm a lady =)


2 comments:

  1. Haha funny how a guy describes how a girl should be like. "I'm not a girl. I'm a lady." Classy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right. That is so stereotypical. Well we shouldn't argue with this kind of people. Just be classy and that will crush their ego. Muahahha.

    ReplyDelete