Assalamualaikum.
This is it. My final semester after four years of study. I really hope that I can survive this because I really need to graduate this year. InsyaAllah aminn. Pray for me guys and girls 😁
Okay back to the main agenda. This semester I have two literature subjects and one of them is Women (and Men) in Literature. It looks kinda bias right putting the Men in the brackets but that is the name of the course.
We have discussed about "A Very Short Story" by Ernest Hemingway in relation to what is the meaning of love looking from both men and women perspectives. However we could not get more thoughts on the guy's side because our class only consist of girls and a guy which happened not to be there because he was performing the Umrah. So this "love" issue is very sensitive as women won't stop debating and pouring out their opinions on this issue. Most of them are based on their own experience and I happened to like watching their reactions.hehehe. I like to observe the situation and make some deduction on my own. Deduction okay. I was not being judgemental here.
The conclusion of the short story is that:
Man: Love is about companionship
Woman: Love is someone who is financially stable.
Having said that, two men have "advised" me on who should be my boyfriend. One was my uncle and the other was my club adviser. Mind you these two men thought that I should have a boyfriend to make my life in campus easier. Yeah right.
They both said the same thing like I was kinda shock when I realized this only after I ponder about it during one of my before sleep-deep-moment-world-problem-matter.ahha.
"If you want to find a boyfriend, find someone who has a car. It will make your life easier. Because staying far away from the faculty makes it difficult for you to go anywhere without a car. This is the time to make full use of him. It didn't matter if you're not planning to marry him someday. Just say it was not meant to be after graduating."
And that statement came from a man. The same species with the one I'll be manipulating. Wow.
So going back to Ernest's short story. The conclusion we made in class was somehow true in some way. Girls need someone who is financially stable or maybe you could say girls are materialistic or should I say realistic. And boys just want someone that could be there for them during the lunchtime, support them when they needed to (motivation), and share their problems that they couldn't tell their guy friends.
With that being said I am looking forward for the next Women in Literature class 😊
P/s: My mum scolded my uncle after he mentioned about me getting a boyfriend 😂


No comments:
Post a Comment