Assalamualaikum. Good day people.
"There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back" -Little Talks, Of Monsters and Men-
So my first post for February. Weehoo.
I thought of writing this the minute I got back from meeting up with my best buddies from high school but I was too overwhelmed to put it in words.
My friends and I decided to have breakfast together and so we went out. The last time we gathered was on Eid Fitri last year. I think. Like always we catch up on things and the highlight of our story were about relationship and after graduate plans. Heh typical women conversation *giggles*
Skipping the relationship part because I'm not interested with the topic. Yechksss.
And so after graduate plans. All of us said we're kinda lost in the way. You know we may be doing engineering course now but ended up working as something else in the future. That kinda stuff. We just enroll in the university for the sake of having a degree scroll in our hands. Well maybe most of you guys had all the things figured out. But not us. Especially me.
I once asked my mother what she wants me to work as. She said "Be a lecturer." And I smiled.
I know taking TESL people always thought I want to be an English teacher. But somehow I doubt myself. My whole 20 years of life I always say "Just go with the flow. InsyaAllah it will lead me somewhere great." And yes I do believe I still think the same way. Yes we made plans for our future but the Almighty is the best planner. "So why worry," I said to myself.
![]() |
| Found it here. |
Few days later I found about Zen Pencils through Anwar Hadi's blog.
"WHAT DO I DESIRE?"
It got me thinking. What do I really want to do if money was no object? What is the thing that I like to do?
My previous post about me not being a girl is partly connected to this. My friend was right. I don't really have things I am passionate or be obsessed about. That is why I'm lost in my way to achieve something. Because what I'm trying to reach is too obscure for me to grab upon. Then I realize I have no goals in life :O
Anyhow I don't have things figured out yet. For now. Yes. For now. I still have 2 years before graduating and who knows maybe I could find the answers to my questions above. InsyaAllah :)
The most touching moment during my conversation with my peers was that they said: "We could see that you're going to be a lecturer. We know. Since high school" :')
And I hope so too. Guess we just have to wait and see what I'll be doing after graduating.
Yeah let's just go through the adventure in finding the real you. I mean me, us, err all of us. I pray that we will be what we desired to be. InsyaAllah. Aminnn.
p/s: Looking forward for our picnic :D



We are in the same boat! I pretty much still can't figure out what I am going to do with my life exactly. Planning, yes, hoping that mine intersects with His planning for me or even of it is not, it is for better. Anyhow, I figure it would be best to just work our best on what we have now, insyaAllah there's something good waiting for us :)
ReplyDeleteinsyaAllah. totally agree with you ain. who knows we may find something that is missing in few years coming.
ReplyDeletethe important thing is that we just have to strive to live a better life. improve ourselves day by day and carry on living :D