YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Let's agree to disagree

Assalamualaikum and hello fellas 

This topic might sounds cliche ehem  but I still want to have a say in this. 

Mid semester break has passed and here I am back in college.

Actually this topic is about being in a relationship. Yeah mind you I have warned about the cliche-ness. Anyway I have been bombarded with the ultimate question of when I will be in one. Pfft. 

I was hanging out with my girls and suddenly Syasya asked me: "Eh Rye you don't have a boyfriend right?" I almost choke the roti canai I was eating. I just grinned at her. 

 I told my sister about the incident and guess what she said,
"Oh yeah, why don't you have one? Even your lil sis got herself a boyfriend." Seriously akak? Seriously??? 

And when I thought that's about it, I was wrong. 

Syasya sis, Kak Nelly asked me the same question when she sent me back to college.

And that is when I thought to myself. Why is it important? Like seriously. I'm still able to get up every morning without someone calling to wake me up. Alhamdulillah. I can still sleep soundly without someone to talk to late at night. Alhamdulillah. I can study for exams without someone to "inspire" me. Alhamdulillah. For me, to be in a relationship you have to commit to it. I am for sure not ready for that. Hello I still could not manage my time well with the study, club and activities and now I have to squeeze in someone in my schedule. I don't think so. 

Moreover, I don't want to waste my time, money and energy with someone whom I don't even know for sure that I would be spending my lifetime with.

Hey called me a loser or archaic but I think I would like to invest my time, money and energy with someone who I am legally married to :)

Trust me I have nothing against people who has a boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm writing this based on the observation made. And I am putting myself in this situation and not others. Congrats to those who get married after being together as an item for quite a while. 

"If it's there, then it's there" (Madam Adzura, 2012).



p/s: Well this is my opinion regarding the matter. Agree? Disagree? Share me your thoughts aite :)




2 comments:

  1. is tht mdm adzura elier u quoted? cuz it's so her to say sumink like tht. haha.

    and im full force in agreement with you in this one. though i dont deny i hve my fair share of crushes and the occasional desire to be in a relationship, i don't think anything i go for right now would matter to me anymore 5 years from now. Definitely am not ready for anything serious and don't intend to be any time soon. We don't NEED men to 'complete' us. Relationships should be a mutual thing you know; no one pesters guys about why they haven't gotten a gf, why should ppl pester girls? That's my thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap. Madam Adzura Elier. All the words coming out from her mouth are just pure genius.

    I know right. This being in relationship which is not a long term one is just pfft /flush down the toilet crap thingy/

    I guess people are being casual by asking all these questions as they don't have other issues to discuss.

    "We don't NEED men to 'complete' us." I second that :D

    ReplyDelete